Monday, August 10, 2009

A New Bike!

I bought a new bike today... a 2009 Norco Storm hardtail cross-country bike. Derek and I went out and did Powderface trail yesterday with my good ol' Raleigh, and it was great, but I felt like I was pushing that bike past its capacity. The new bike has front suspension that can be locked off for street/road riding, but still be MUCH better for ripping around in the mountains. And it's AWESOME!
Yesterday was the first mountain bike ride that I actually thoroughly ENJOYED. And I even had my first fall! Luckily, I rolled off the bike and landed on my new camelbak, which was full of cushy water. It was like landing on a pillow, and it made me laugh!
It will be very nice to have a better bike for training for this event.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Teri,

    I'm thinking about getting a Norco storm or Kokanee. I'm also a mountain biker and just got a Bushpilot which my husband wants to take over, so I thought I would upgrade.

    Are you still loving your bike? Glad to hear you had such a good ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the late response, but, YES, I still LOVE my bike. I ride it every day to work, and I am pleasantly surprised at the difference from my old bike. It's also nice that the front suspension can be locked off, so that I can do road rides, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I ended up a Norco storm too and I LOVE it. And the lock in the front is great for hills. Thanks for your note.

    ReplyDelete