Monday, June 28, 2010

Phew we survived!

Well we conquered the Ride to Conquer Cancer. A few times I thought it was going to conquer ME but we survived to the end. Some high lights from the weekend are:

- putting in more time and kms on a bike than ever before. More that 11hours saddle time over the two days.
- first saddle sore (not really a highlight I guess)
- not minding riding on the highway, being a mountain biker I was not sure how I was going to feel about hours and hours of highway riding
- no mechanicals
- no crashes
- Teri rode awesome and in fact kicked my ass on Sunday
- Other riders did not do anything too stupid, a few folks stopped in bad spots on the side of the road begging for a collision but we made it through
- it was HOT which can often get the best of me but I dealt with it. Apart from a sunburnt lower lip all is good
- boot camp was an excellent investment, the time and energy spent there helped us a ton
- I am excited to not have to worry about this anymore and be able to enjoy some mountain biking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment