Friday, September 11, 2009

Training bike ride and donations!

Well, I have officially moved my little fundraising thermometer up to the 5% mark, thanks to Robin and Fran!
It's kind of funny that Derek and I are both registered for the ride, as we get multiple phone calls... This morning we both got one. There is starting to be some orientations in the next couple weeks, and then a training bike ride in about 2 weeks. There are 2 streams- expert rides 50k and keeps a speed of 30k/h, and beginner, who goes 25k and maintains 20k/h. I really wish I were fit enough to do the expert category, but I have tried to keep the needle over 30 on the way home from work and my legs are just not having it. Not to mention my lungs in the recent cold weather.
I also got the odometer on my bike working, which is tons of fun. It is exactly 5.08 kms to work, so I ride 10kms a day most days. My max speed record is 57.6 km/h going down the 10th St NW hill! It's really fun to do the same ride every day and try to beat my time or speed, or average speed on everything!
Like I said, the colder weather has been rough on my lungs lately, and a bout of "saddle sores" (which I didn't even know could happen on a bike but apparently are somewhat common) have pestered me but not stopped me from riding! Go bikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment