Tuesday, May 18, 2010

10% to go!

Thanks to those of you who have so generously responded to our final pleas for cash, we only have $515 to go!

Thanks for putting your confidence in us completing this event. I am proud of us for having such supportive friends and family, for having the motivation to get ready for the big ride, and for undertaking something to raise money for such a worthwhile cause.

I'd like to take a moment to remember the first reason that I am doing this, which has nothing to do with fitness or fundraising. As most of you know, I am completing this ride in honour of my cousin Trevor Pascal, who passed away in October 2008. Trevor was a shy, reserved person, and I can honestly say that I knew him more through his wife Karrie, who was my hairdresser, than through our family bond. Anyone who knew Trevor could only say that he was a great guy. He was the kind of guy who would do anything for anyone, and loved his two little girls, and was never anything but honest.

At the time Trevor passed away, there was an obvious outpouring of support from family and friends to his family. I am completing this challenge a year and a half later, to let Karrie, Jordyn, Kaylee, Auntie Elsie, Uncle Roy, Colin, and Dale know that Trevor is still greatly missed and will always be fondly remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment