Thursday, May 20, 2010

Glorious Mountain Biking!

I was up in Edmonton this past weekend for some family time and meeting some wee cousins. I was lucky to be able to get two great rides in.

I met my friend Michelle down in Terwillegar Park on Saturday morning just in time to miss a running race that surely would have put a damper on riding. As I rolled into the parking lot I could see that door prizes were getting tossed into the crowd so I knew the trails would be clear.

It was great to rip up trails that I rarely ride anymore but were a staple years ago when I lived up there. And even though I rarely find myself on these trails I still know most of them like the back of my hand: although there seemed to be quite a few new trails, so it was fun to explore those too.

I also took an hour on Monday to ride some river valley and Mill Creek ravine trails. I had another great ride even tough it was a very hot morning!

All and all it was a great trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment