Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kind words from Gran...












I always enjoy emails from my Grandma (a very technologically- savvy lady, who had a computer before I did!)-- And every now and again, she writes one that tops everything. I always print them off and tape them near my desk for inspiration.

Yesterday she wrote:
Time is running down on your Ride to Conquer Cancer program and I wonder if you are going to reach your goal. Moreover how much does that matter?

I think you have already met the most important aspects of your plan. You have raised an enormous amount of money for cancer research and honoured the memory of your cousin. You have alerted many to the need to concentrate on the cancer scourge. You have embarked on a dedicated fitness program. You have got a new bike! You have been part of the publicity events which would be fun.

Most importantly you have spent most of your life, and especially now at Blush Lane, promoting healthy eating which will probably do more to prevent cancer and other ills than all research done to eradicate same.

So I think you and Derek can enjoy many bike rides on your fitness program knowing you have made a difference - much more than most of us!
Thanks, Gran!

No comments:

Post a Comment